Friday, August 03, 2007

So, if you painted your ugliest painting to date, would you show it to anyone? I really had to talk myself into posting this but here goes...(cue music from psycho)


Before you un-bookmark me, hear me out.
* I only spent 1 hour & 15 minutes on this
* I usually paint 6x8s and this is an 8x10
* I usually paint on canvas mounted to hard board - this is gesoed hardboard - it's very, very slick and I hate it.

If anyone wants to say something nice to boost my confidence, now would be a good time! LOL!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jiddje said...

Hey, I like the knot!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

You go Brendy! Way to be brave lady, and remember what Carol said about having to try new things that are challenging to get better! That being said, and think the drawing and composition are great. :)

1:40 AM  
Blogger Brendy Vaughn said...

I like the knot too! It's my favorite part. I like it when people can capture the essence of something with just a couple of strokes - it's hard to do.

Sarah - thanks! Yes, Carol did inspire me to be brave - trying a new surface, (also on a new easel - to use while on vacation). I love the idea of trying new things to get better and not just sticking with what works.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home