Thursday, November 08, 2007

"Fresh from the Garden II"

One of the nice things about living in South Texas is a long growing season.

I'm still working on my "safe" studio. My latest thing to try is cleaning my brushes in oil when I want to change colors. I wipe as much paint off as I can on a paper towel, then dip in oil, wipe and repeat until clean. I save the solvents for the very beginning when I'm laying down an under painting, and occasionally to wash a strong color like phthalo blue out of a brush. (I love phthalo blue). The solvent I use in Gamblin Gamsol. It's the safest one I know of. There is a good article about art material safety in this psd file from Artist's Magazine. You'll need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view it.

Available: $75 + $10 shipping. Or send me an e-mail.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home