Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Midnight"

I have been so busy framing paintings to take to a gallery this past week. Wish me luck!

I've been reading some artists' ideas about selling paintings online vs in a gallery and if you should charge more for pieces in a gallery or just raise all your prices and have them the same everywhere. I'm thinking it makes sense to have them higher in a gallery. If I sell paintings online I don't have to buy frames, take the time to frame them, take the time to transport them to the gallery, and most importantly I don't have to pay a gallery 40-50% of my sales. Anyone else have an opinion on that?

Available: $100 + $10 shipping. Or send me an e-mail.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Fox said...

I'm excited about your paintings being in a gallery!!! Is it one in San Antonio?
I definitely think you should up-charge for framing the pieces and for the gallery taking 40%, but I don't know all the rules about that stuff.
Again a lovely painting, yours always make me want to start using more vibrant colors!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Kellie Marian Hill said...

Well, congrats on the gallery! I definately agree with you, but it seems like the galleries usually feel like they're getting cheated when we take into account things like the extra time invested into the gallery pieces and the whole 50% markup thing.

Still, it seems very fair to me as long as the online stuff is different from the gallery stuff, or as long as you let the gallery owner know what you're doing, or as long as you're not using the gallery as a front to draw people to the online stuff, I've heard of people doing that but I very much doubt it was you....

Btw, love this one- the reflected lights on the side of the cup are wonderful.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These colors are fantastic! Beautiful work. :)

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home