Monday, April 07, 2008

I didn't do as much practice as I would have liked during this time off. Life got in the way. I did some studies - 2 of the better ones are here. (Just to be clear for legal and ethical reasons - these are not original works, they are studies of other artists work and will never be sold.)

I don't like to go back and re-work paintings but I did that to several paintings after my "homework". Here is one of the better ones. I also did a new painting that I'll post soon.


The older version of the painting is below.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Mahorney said...

Welcome back Brendy!
Nice work! I see the improvement of design (better massed values) and more contrast in the above one.

10:20 AM  
Blogger indiaartist said...

Good to have you back. Hope to see more of your wonderful work.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Welcome, back, indeed. It amazes me how much I learn when I either do a series, or "re-work" something that I thought was done. And rocks and water are SUCH big challenges!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Jason Waskey said...

Welcome back!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home